- 13 February, 2024
- 21,294 Views
Welcome to our recipe for savory corn chowder with bacon - a dish that is sure to warm your heart and soul! This recipe is the perfect comfort food for chilly days or when you need a bit of indulgence.
The creamy consistency of the chowder, complemented by the smoky flavor of bacon, makes this dish truly irresistible. This is definitely a recipe that will keep you coming back for more.
If you're a fan of deliciously creamy corn chowders, then you'll love this one with bacon. So, without further ado, let's dive into the world of homemade corn chowder with bacon!
Why You'll Love Our Corn Chowder with Bacon
If you're a fan of hearty and comforting dishes, our savory corn chowder with bacon is the perfect recipe for you! What makes it even better is how easy and simple it is to prepare. You don't have to be a professional chef to enjoy a bowl of our delicious corn chowder with bacon.
Our recipe stands out as one of the best corn chowder recipes around because of its creamy texture and tempting flavor. It's a dish that will warm you up on a chilly night and leave you feeling satisfied. Plus, who doesn't love the combination of bacon and corn?
Whether you're looking for a quick and easy dinner option or a cozy dish to serve for a family gathering, our corn chowder with bacon is the perfect go-to recipe. So give it a try and see for yourself why it's a crowd favorite!
Ingredients for Corn Chowder with Bacon
Here are the key ingredients you need to make our delicious corn chowder with bacon:
|Corn kernels, fresh or frozen
|Chicken or vegetable broth
|Salt and pepper
Our homemade corn chowder recipe with fresh corn and bacon is full of comforting flavors that will have your taste buds singing. Each ingredient is carefully selected to achieve the perfect taste and texture combination.
If you can’t find fresh corn kernels, use frozen ones instead
If you cannot find fresh corn kernels, frozen corn kernels are an excellent substitute for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before using them in the recipe. The recipe will still turn out great!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Corn Chowder with Bacon
Follow these simple steps to create a delicious and comforting corn chowder with bacon:
- Preheat a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced bacon and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally. Remove the bacon from the pot and place it on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess grease.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion and cook until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the diced potatoes and corn kernels to the pot. Pour in the chicken broth and season with salt and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in the all-purpose flour until no lumps remain.
- Add the milk to the butter and flour mixture, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the pot with the vegetables. Add the crispy bacon and chopped parsley, stirring to combine.
- Simmer the chowder for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This easy corn chowder recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your household. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations for Corn Chowder with Bacon
If you want to add some excitement to your go-to corn chowder with bacon recipe, here are some tips and variations to try:
- Replace the bacon: Swap out traditional bacon for turkey bacon or smoked sausage for a different flavor profile.
- Add some spice: For a little kick, try adding jalapenos or cayenne pepper to the mix.
- Use different herbs: Switch up your flavor profile by incorporating herbs like rosemary, thyme, or parsley.
- Experiment with toppings: Give your corn chowder some texture by adding toppings like croutons, chives, or shredded cheese.
- Add some veggies: Corn chowder is a great base to incorporate other vegetables like diced carrots or celery.
- Try a different type of corn: If you can't find fresh corn, canned or frozen corn can be used as a substitute.
With these variations, you can create a customized version of corn chowder with bacon that suits your taste preferences and keeps things interesting.
Serving and Pairing Suggestions for Corn Chowder with Bacon
Now that your savory corn chowder with bacon is ready, it's time to think about serving and pairing options that will enhance your dining experience. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Garnishes: Top your corn chowder with bacon with chopped scallions, crispy bacon bits, or grated cheddar cheese. These add extra flavor and texture to your dish.
- Bread: Serve your corn chowder with bacon with some freshly baked bread or homemade garlic bread to soak up all the delicious flavors and creamy broth.
- Salad: Pair your corn chowder with bacon with a simple side salad made with fresh greens, tomatoes, and a light vinaigrette dressing.
- Grilled sandwiches: For a heartier meal, serve your corn chowder with bacon with a grilled cheese sandwich or a pressed panini. The melted cheese and warm bread are the perfect accompaniment to your soup.
Whatever you choose to serve with your savory corn chowder with bacon, be sure to savor each and every bite. This indulgent and creamy soup is the ultimate comfort food that is sure to please your taste buds and warm your soul.
Storing and Reheating Corn Chowder with Bacon
Once you've enjoyed a delicious bowl of savory corn chowder with bacon, you may find yourself with leftovers. Proper storage and reheating techniques can ensure that the soup maintains its freshness and flavor for later enjoyment.
Storing Corn Chowder with Bacon
The best way to store leftover corn chowder with bacon is in an airtight container in the fridge. Make sure to allow the soup to cool to room temperature before placing it in the container.
When stored properly, corn chowder with bacon can last in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheating Corn Chowder with Bacon
To reheat your leftover corn chowder with bacon, simply transfer it to a pot on the stove and heat it over low heat. Stir occasionally until heated through.
Tip: Avoid using the microwave to reheat your corn chowder with bacon, as this can cause uneven heating and a loss of flavor.
If you find the soup is too thick after reheating, you can add a splash of milk or cream to thin it out.
Now that you know how to store and reheat your corn chowder with bacon, you can enjoy this comforting and delicious soup for days to come.
Corn Chowder with Bacon - Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions and concerns related to making our delicious corn chowder with bacon:
What makes this corn chowder with bacon special?
Our recipe stands out for its simplicity and the use of fresh, quality ingredients like sweet corn, savory bacon, and creamy potatoes. The result is a hearty and satisfying dish that's perfect for any occasion.
Can I use frozen corn instead of fresh?
While fresh corn is recommended for this recipe, you can certainly use frozen corn if fresh is unavailable. Just be sure to thaw the corn and drain it well before adding it to the chowder.
Is it possible to make this corn chowder vegetarian?
Yes, it is possible to make a vegetarian version of this chowder. Simply omit the bacon and substitute vegetable broth or water for the chicken broth. You can also add additional vegetables like carrots, celery, or bell peppers for extra flavor and nutrition.
How long does it take to make this corn chowder with bacon?
The preparation time for this dish is around 15-20 minutes, while the cook time takes about 30 minutes. In total, you can expect to have this savory corn chowder with bacon on the table in less than an hour.
Can I make this corn chowder with bacon in advance?
Yes, you can make this chowder in advance and reheat it when ready to serve. It's best to store the chowder in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. When reheating, you may need to add a bit of extra broth or milk to thin out the consistency as the chowder may thicken as it sits.
Can I freeze this corn chowder with bacon?
Yes, you can freeze this chowder for later consumption. Be sure to let the chowder cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. When ready to eat, let the chowder thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Ready to Savor Our Corn Chowder with Bacon?
Now that you've read through our recipe and learned all the reasons why it's the best corn chowder recipe out there, it's time to give it a try! Trust us, this savory corn chowder with bacon is comfort food heaven in a bowl. You won't regret taking the time to make it.
Imagine indulging in a creamy, warm bowl of corn chowder with crispy bites of bacon in every spoonful. The flavors and textures come together perfectly to create a dish that's both comforting and satisfying. We promise, your taste buds will thank you.
So why wait? Head to the kitchen and gather all the ingredients you need. Then, follow our simple step-by-step instructions to whip up a homemade corn chowder with bacon that will impress everyone at the dinner table. Whether you're cooking for your family, friends, or just yourself, this recipe is easy to follow and delivers amazing results.
Once you've tasted our corn chowder with bacon, you'll be hooked. It's the kind of dish that you'll want to make again and again, perfect for those chilly nights when you need a warm and comforting meal. So go ahead and give it a try, we promise you won't be disappointed!